The Ohio Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists: OPA maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Click here for OPA event policies and disclaimers.
* The Ohio Psychological Association is also approved by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board to offer continuing education to counselors and social workers, and those sessions are marked with an asterisk. The approval number is RCS070608 and RTX071703.
To learn more about OPA Webinars click here or copy and paste the link listed below into your browser.
Here is a list of the newest topics offered and while not all of them are specifically related to forensic practice, one could make the argument for most of them.
1 Hour CE Program
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) in Foster Care Settings *
- Firearm Violence and Mental Illness: Research, Assessment, and Management Techniques for Diverse Populations (Ethics) *
- Medical Marijuana in Ohio: Updates for Psychologists *
- The A to Z of H&B Codes
- Addressing Grief in Therapy after Different Types of Losses*
2 Hour CE Program
- Review of the APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming People (Ethics) *
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches for Disordered Eating Behaviors: Adapting Interventions for Culturally Diverse Populations (Ethics) *
- Essential Considerations for Working with Older Adults *
- Assessment and Treatment of Adolescents Who Have Sexually Offended *
3 Hour CE Program
- Forensic Assessment of Malingering and Deception in Children and Adolescents… COMING SOON!
- Introduction to the MACI-II
- Rural Mental Health: Challenges, Opportunities, and Ethical Considerations (3CE-Ethics) *
- Meeting Unmet Mental Health Needs through Integrated Pediatric Primary Care *
- Cultural Humility in serving Consensually non-monogamous clients (3CE Ethics) *